Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Just some minor odds and ends

I actually had a late day yesterday.  I have been staying a little bit later at work so I can take Friday off without using vacation time, and had a bunch of things to do when I got home. 

I first went and retrieved a few things.  I got the AC unit out of the shed that I used in the apartment and sold it, since I really don't have a need for a 10k BTU portable unit.  One of my coworkers uses them because he hates hauling window units around. 

I also pulled out my old table.  All things considered, it survived the winter and spring outside quite well.  I intend to chop it in half (the surface is already two pieces) and use one half as an actual table, and the other is going to be the shelf in the laundry room, since it is deeper than a 1x12 (each piece is 1x18). 


The other thing I did last night was I got another load of gravel.  I ran out of time when unloading it, so I left the stuff in the back of the truck, I will put everything back together tonight. 


This load covered a little bit more than previous loads since I am at the part of the driveway where the ruts aren't as deep. 


I also have been trying to organize the various projects I wanted to get done this year, and the list is longer than I expected.  Obviously some of the items are just wants and will likely get pushed out, like the trim.  Here it goes (in no particular order) :

  1. Propane
  2. Smooth the yard.
  3. Install Drainage.
  4. Finish driveway repairs.
  5. Fix the weed whacker.
  6. Fix the push mower.
  7. Fix the generator.
  8. Refurbish the utility trailer.
  9. Extend/insulate the front wall to prevent pipes from freezing.
  10. Build a lean to for equipment.
  11. Clean the crap out of the shed.
  12. Install windows in the shed.
  13. Install power and lights in the shed.
  14. Put in actual pilings for the shed.
  15. Extend the roof on the shed to prevent snow from pushing on the side.
  16. Paint the house.
  17. Paint the shed.
  18. Paint the ceiling of the house.
  19. Burn the pile.
  20. Get rid of the scrap metal.
  21. Bury the power cables.
  22. Install outside outlets at the panel.
  23. Setup entertainment center
  24. Build a real closet so I can hang clothes.
  25. Install curtains and shelves.
  26. Install trim.
  27. Install a table in the house.

3 comments:

  1. You know you shouldn't have been crapping in the shed, then you wouldn't have to clean it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't me, it was my little furry "friends".

      Delete
    2. Sure . . . Blame the fur-bobs. :P

      Delete