Sunday, June 9, 2019

So I can find it again my tractor is 917.252540. Vent for water heater almost complete.

Just as a note to myself my tractor is a 917.252540.  When I looked through the parts manual and got the name and part number, I was able to find a part for the tractor, so I will be ordering one.

Today was hot but I got some work done anyways.  With the tractor laid up, I decided to finish the water heater.  I got as far as I could, the pipe is now through the wall.



The hole on the outside looks awful, but it will be covered up with a metal plate once everything is finished.


It isn't quite finished since I can't push on both sides by myself, so I will need a second set of hands.  I might grab Greg or Barry or someone at some point to do the final fitting. 

I also noted that I don't have a good way to get power out here anymore,  I can't run it underneath anymore because of the skirting.  I ended up running an extension cord out the window as you saw in the last picture.


I do have space in the box outside if I wanted to add another outlet.  I also forgot that I never installed the face plate outside.  Oops.


It was hot today.  Even in Sullivan we were up over 80, so I turned on my AC for the first time.  It started pulling down quickly, but seemed to struggle to get it all the way down.  I don't think it was a capacity problem though.  It was running at only a 25%-ish duty cycle.  When I was putting my hand around and feeling for temperatures, it feels like most of the air is hitting the bed and then getting sucked back in, so it thinks it is colder than it really is.  I wonder if this is why the heat was weird last winter too.  I might have to make a duct for it.  I moved my thermometer over on top of the dresser to confirm.


After all that, I went to a cookout.  I didn't realize that a lot of my coworkers had never had venison so I made some venison burgers.  They were well received.

I am considering buying a york rake for the yard.  It will work better than the drag because of the rocks.  My only major concern with it is whether or not my tractor can pull it.  I even found one that has a ball hitch on it.  It is a looooong trip to go get it though, it is literally in the opposite corner of the state, about 3.5 to 4 hours away.
https://nh.craigslist.org/grd/d/pittsburg-4-york-rake/6901111318.html


No comments:

Post a Comment