Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Late night work

I couldn't fall asleep last night (made today a real bummer) so around 2AM I decided to get some work done instead.  I decided to install the rest of my kitchen.

Turned out I had literally just enough pipe tape for gas.  This was the last fitting that got tape.


The propane for the stove is all done too now.


It didn't look like anything got kinked or jammed when I pushed the stove back in.


I also fastened the last cabinet.  This cabinet is mostly unused at the moment since it isn't really accessible, the rolling cart with my tools on it usually sits in front of it.  But it is finally attached to the wall and the countertop is screwed down onto the cabinets.


Today I have a load of gravel to unload, and while it looks dark outside, if it is dry I will try to finish the exhaust vent tonight.  I am really tired today though, though we shall see.  I might not get everything done.

Since it hasn't made an appearance in a while, here is the checklist.  It doesn't really reflect the work to be done anymore though.

  1. Install bathroom fixtures.
  2. Get hot water heater installed.
  3. Install some form of cabinets in the kitchen.
  4. Install kitchen sink.
  5. Install kitchen appliances.
  6. Get propane installed.
  7. Build bed frame.
  8. Build closets.
  9. Install table.
  10. Smooth driveway enough to plow/clear
  11. Fix snowblower.  
  12. Winterize equipment (mower, undercoat the truck, etc).
  13. Clear slab
  14. Shed work
    1. Extend roof to prevent snow pushing on the side.
    2. Fix pilings

No comments:

Post a Comment