Wednesday, June 19, 2019

More dumpster work.

Not too much has happened over the last few days.  The rain has been dodgy for a change, so I was able to get more stuff in the dumpster.  It is between a quarter and a third full now.  I don't recall if they are hauling it away today or tomorrow, but this is likely all it will get. 


I mostly cleaned up over here in this area.  I tried to put the cover in it too, but I wimped out.  I can't really pick it up to move it well. 


The back yard had some stuff removed, but it wins this round. 


I will need a full week of sun at this point to dry everything out.  If I can manage that, I will get another dumpster for the back and put it on the slab, rent the excavator, etc.

I made a trip to Cold River materials (where I have been getting the gravel) and asked them what their construction fill is.  Turns out it is mostly silt, with a little sand and clay mixed in.  Basically leftover dirt that isn't good enough to be dirt.  Silt is very fine, but packs well, and will grow grass just fine if I can keep it from eroding away until the grass (who am I kidding, it will be weeds) comes in.  I tried to find Ground up at lunch as well, but their address leads to a forest.  One of my coworkers has been there before, so I will poke him more on that.  I called another quarry, didn't get anyone though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment