Saturday, June 22, 2019

Front brakes are fine.

Despite getting poured on a few times today when it was supposed to be a nice clear day, I got the truck pulled apart, and the front brakes look fine.  If I can find the receipt I will return the parts.  I don't particularly want to do the backs, so I will be bringing it in somewhere else.

The calipers look like hell, but the pads look fine and the rotors looked fine.  The front driver has worn maybe a couple of millimeters off the pads, that is it. 


The front passenger was a little more worn down, since that caliper is known to stick from time to time, but the lower of the of the two brake pads is still about 50%.


They also delivered the yard rake yesterday.  In the pouring rain.  And since it rained again, the boxes are trashed.  I tried to put the receiver hitch on my lawn tractor today, and it won't fit.  I need to get a smaller bolt for it. 


On a side note, they never came to pick up the dumpster, I wasn't supposed to have it for this weekend, so I might take another few loads down. 


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. If you are referring to the truck, the reason I brought it in for brakes originally was because the pedal goes to the floor, and I can't lock them up when I have a load of gravel in the back. The brakes are bad, it just wasn't the fronts like my mechanic told me.

      Delete
  2. excessive travel and no stopping power kind of sounds like your master cylinder. I replaced the one on my Ford because of those symptoms and it cured the issue. Do you get better braking when you pump them once before you brake?

    ReplyDelete