Sunday, June 16, 2019

Water heater complete. More rain.

I went to put the tractor back together Friday, but it turned out the part didn't fit.  I ran out of daylight so Saturday morning I pulled out the Dremel and made it work.  My Dremel works good, since this is the first real usage of it.

I got it back together with the modifications.

I got the wheel straightened as well.

I then went and finished the front yard.  It is all cleared up now.  I still need to find a york rake or something to smooth it, but it is largely free of trash.  I didn't get everything, but it is mostly clear now.

I really didn't need a dumpster for it.

I then tried to start getting rid of the pile in the back yard.  I had a few boards that I have picked up for the trailer, put them down, and started to back into the back yard.  I was worried I would get stuck, but I stayed on the boards and it was ok.

I couldn't get very close though.

The back yard is soup.

I then tried to to get the tractor over around the side, the route I took when I mowed the back.  It didn't even make the boards before it got stuck.

I then changed my plan of attack and got the front cleared off.  All the insulation I put up for the winter is off.  

I also cleaned up some trash I had up near the slab.  I took a full truck load to the dumpster.  

I finished off the evening with a trip to Tractor Supply to get a new hitch pin (the car fell off the mower twice this weekend, grrrr) and more importantly some rubber boots for the soup.  

Today was another wet rainy day naturally.  I went and started moving some of the stuff in the pile in the back, but I think I am going to need an excavator to get most of it out.  I was able to get some of the stuff that wasn't buried out, but most of it is so well buried since it was put there with an excavator I couldn't lift it out.  It is unfortunate.  I stopped once I was getting soaked through my sweatshirt.  The only rain coat is my camo hunting one which I am not going to destroy trying to haul tires and crap out of the back yard.  I am hoping it lightens up soon, so I can at least get another load off the slab.  

Instead I decided to do some interior work.  The water heater is done done.  I also taped the seams with some aluminum tape I borrowed from work just as a better safe than sorry since the joints weren't properly screwed together.

I also put out some ant killer, since I have been seeing an increasing number of ants of late.  Not the little ones that indicate the place is messy, these are the huge carpenter ants the size of your fingernail.  I am at the point of killing north of a dozen a day, so hopefully this will take care of it.

I got the dumpster to clean the yard and the pile in the back, but it looks like I am not going be able to accomplish that goal, I will have to get another dumpster when I have the excavator up there to install the drainage.  It is frustrating since the dumpsters are several hundred dollars a pop, and this one will be less than half full when they come to pick it up this week.  It is supposed to rain every day this week naturally, and if I try to run an excavator in the back yard now it will never come out.  I am writing this now hoping the rain will lighten up this afternoon.  If not, I will be investigating the gas line leaks around the stove.  The last pressure test I did after installing the stove failed badly.

2 comments:

  1. but you can take a hot shower after being poured on, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, I have to find the leak in the stove installation before I get propane.

      Delete