Saturday, December 2, 2017

Odds and ends done.

I didn't have a full day to work up there today, the owner and manager for my apartment came through today for an inspection on the maintenance work (they recently put out a survey and I complained about the lack of maintenance).  I also wanted to talk to him about the new lease.  Last year they didn't make me sign a new lease, this year he did since he wanted to raise the rent.  I managed to talk him into a 6 month lease instead, so I have until the end of June to get everything finished.

I won't get anything done next week since I am going on a work trip to Neenah Wisconsin, to meet with a circuit board supplier. 

The first thing I noticed is that we apparently got a ton of wind up there.  The truck cap blew off the burn barrel and about 25 feet down the driveway.


It got the table too. The clips for the legs are damaged, but the glass is intact.  I will have to see if it can be repaired.  If not, well it was a freebie anyways.


Something broke off the back cap on the gas can too.


Today's mouse update resulted in only a couple of casualties.  None in the house, which makes me happy, the shed and mower are still under siege though.  The poison in the shed appeared to have been disturbed, though there wasn't much consumed.  I will leave it out and see what happens.


I noticed that one of the nests in the shed had gotten larger, and was likely no longer dormant.  I swept out the nest this time, last time I didn't bother. 


I cleaned the one out of the stove too.


One thing that has me curious is where is the material they are using coming from?  This was white fluffy stuff, like an insulation material, but there isn't any insulation material in the area.


They apparently had stockpiled acorns too.


I also cleaned up the biggest remaining rut in the driveway.  This was the one I created driving my truck through during the rain.


My zip ties had come in, so I also completed the chains.


I put some on the inside as well.


When all that was done I took the tractor for a spin to make sure all systems were a go.  The chains stayed put, The lights are working, though I might need to re-aim them a little.  The weight started sliding off the rack, so I zip-tied it to the front frame.  The rope that I used came undone.


I also completed putting up the plastic in my apartment the other night, so that is two items off the checklist.  I hope to clear off the slab tomorrow.

  1. Fix ruts in driveway.
  2. Put lights on the plow.
  3. Get the oil changed in the tractor.
  4. Get the tire chains installed and a weight installed on the back.
  5. Get the plastic installed
  6. Get the truck oil undercoated.
  7. Fix leaky underbelly.
  8. Get skirting installed.
  9. Find a way to run power that won't be damaged by snow/plow/snowblower.
  10. Find a way to prevent the snow pushing on the shed.
  11. Finish clearing off the slab.
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
    1. Venting and Drainage
    2. Water supply
    3. Gas lines
  13. Install insulation.
  14. *Install flooring.  *12
  15. Install light fixtures.
  16. Install ceiling and attic insulation. *19
  17. *Install paneling  *13, 14
  18. *Install interior wall *14
  19. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *17, 18
  20. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).  *18, 19
  21. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

3 comments:

  1. seat cushions of any sorts the mice could be getting into? Clothes? any insulated walls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No insulation has been purchased yet, and I haven't left any clothes up there. They did chow down on the roll of toilet paper I had up there, but there wasn't that much on it.

      Delete
  2. Your fuzzy white stuff looks like it could be cat-o-nine tail tops. Got any of them growing around there?

    ReplyDelete