Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Post turkey update.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and ate too much turkey. 

I did some work before leaving for Thanksgiving, most notably getting the second load of dirt.  The truck rode better with the tires aired up properly, but still disappointingly bad.  After talking to dad on my trip, I think it might be that the wheels are too far forward, a common affliction with standard beds.  All my previous trucks had the full 8' box on them, and they hauled a lot better.  Given all my other complaints with the shorter box, I don't think I will ever buy a truck with anything less than an 8' bed again.


Unfortunately it was raining as I was shoveling everything out, and it was a muddy mess.  A lot of it washed away as I shoveled it out.  I might have to redo parts of it though because it was soup and my truck left ruts as I drove off. 


I still managed to get it all done though. 


I also got the driveway markers put in. 


I still have some left for repairs and just having weight in the back of my truck for winter. 


After getting back from Thanksgiving, I went up today to check on everything.  My mouse traps were very busy.  I am missing another trap though, I am down to 6.


Most importantly though, I was worried they might eat my pipe insulation.  It appears unharmed.


I also grabbed another handful of zip ties from work and finished putting the weight on.


I also started to the first tire chain.  I am using zip ties and not a bungee which is normally what you would use since I have a lot of slack because the chains are the wrong size.


I ran out of zip ties again, and at this point I have largely cleaned out work's supply of the larger and stronger ones, so I ordered a huge pile of them online.  They should be here before week's end.  I also took the opportunity to put out some more poison.  Despite all the traps being tripped, the big block poison is still relatively untouched.  I put out some of the stuff I picked up at Rural King.  We shall see if it works better.  It can't work worse.  I have three wedges filled with it, and one small dish.


The completion of the driveway marks off another item on the checklist.  I might still have to do some very minor repairs, but nothing that is critical at this point.  The lack of zip ties prevented the 4th item from completion.  That should be done this weekend. 
  1. Fix ruts in driveway.
  2. Put lights on the plow.
  3. Get the oil changed in the tractor.
  4. Get the tire chains installed and a weight installed on the back.
  5. Get the plastic installed
  6. Get the truck oil undercoated.
  7. Fix leaky underbelly.
  8. Get skirting installed.
  9. Find a way to run power that won't be damaged by snow/plow/snowblower.
  10. Find a way to prevent the snow pushing on the shed.
  11. Finish clearing off the slab.
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
    1. Venting and Drainage
    2. Water supply
    3. Gas lines
  13. Install insulation.
  14. *Install flooring.  *12
  15. Install light fixtures.
  16. Install ceiling and attic insulation. *19
  17. *Install paneling  *13, 14
  18. *Install interior wall *14
  19. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *17, 18
  20. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).  *18, 19
  21. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

1 comment:

  1. So what's the mouse count up to now? LOL Besides I think you are winning that battle!

    ReplyDelete