Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Tractor fixed

I managed to get up there during work today.  We never got the sunshine we were supposed to, so it was still snowy up there.  It was actually kind of pretty.


I got another couple of mice.  One even came from the shed, where the traps have been untouched for weeks.  There is a nest in the stove, which I believed to be dormant, perhaps not. 


The big news is that the tractor is now fixed.  It just needed more oil.  I filled it until the dipstick said it was full since I didn't have the manual handy.  It turns out the manual says 2 quarts, so I dumped the rest of the second quart in (it only took ~1.5 quarts to make it say full) and it fired up. 

I also picked up the bolts and whatnot for the weight.  We are supposed to get more snow Thursday, so hopefully I can get it finished by then.  I have some homework to do tonight, but might be able to do it tonight afterwards if I have time.

I do have tire chains, but haven't looked up how to put them on, and they might be too big (I wasn't going to argue for free).  I have spent the last couple of nights putting up plastic on my windows, but that is mostly done at this point, I only have a couple of windows left.

The tractor running again marks another item off the list.  There were a couple of things missing that I have added, the plastic on the windows and I want to the get the truck oil undercoated.

  1. Fix ruts in driveway.
  2. Put lights on the plow.
  3. Get the oil changed in the tractor.
  4. Get the tire chains installed and a weight installed on the back.
  5. Get the plastic installed
  6. Get the truck oil undercoated.
  7. Fix leaky underbelly.
  8. Get skirting installed.
  9. Find a way to run power that won't be damaged by snow/plow/snowblower.
  10. Find a way to prevent the snow pushing on the shed.
  11. Finish clearing off the slab.
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
    1. Venting and Drainage
    2. Water supply
    3. Gas lines
  13. Install insulation.
  14. *Install flooring.  *12
  15. Install light fixtures.
  16. Install ceiling and attic insulation. *19
  17. *Install paneling  *13, 14
  18. *Install interior wall *14
  19. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *17, 18
  20. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).  *18, 19
  21. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

No comments:

Post a Comment