Friday, November 10, 2017

Another one bites the dust. Freebies.

It was frigid today.  I pulled out my Carhartt, but even it wasn't enough.  I don't have any winter gloves (my last pair got chewed up by mice), and even just being outside for a few minutes my hands were numb.  It was in the 20s when I got up there at 3PM, but the windchill was single digits.  This is what the towels looked like that I dried out most of the puddles in the underbelly with.


I did manage to get another couple mice, so I got the traps re-baited and set back up.  I also took my truck and went to pick up some freebie stuff from Barry.  He can't sell it because of some strange estate tax laws.  I don't really understand the reasoning, but got a bunch of free tools out of it. 

The real coup was a kerosene reddy heater.


I have a tub of mostly hand tools.  I need to go through all my hand tools.  I have lost several of them to rust or breaking, but I will have excessive amounts of hammers, screwdrivers and whatnot now. 


I also got some very old power tools.  I took one of the drills (my only corded drills are the pathetic Black and Decker from Dad and the Skil that only goes one direction), and a circular saw.  It is also very heavy duty.


The other highly useful item I snagged is a bench grinder.  These are quite useful and make things like sharpening mower blades go very quickly and easily.  Like the other tools, it is older than I am, but will probably outlive me.


Hopefully it isn't as windy tomorrow so I can change the oil.  Pulling the plug today would have been disastrous with the 20-30mph wind.  I also intend to stop in at work and bend some of my melding plates to get the lights mounted tomorrow. 

1 comment: