Sunday, November 5, 2017

Mice population took a hit. 2-2, all tied up.

I didn't feel too good today (too much food and drinking last night I would wager), and was thankful for the extra hour of sleep.  I did go up and pick up all the stuff for the tractor oil change, and had intended to change it today, but forgot to grab my oil drain pan.  It was still at home since the last one I did was the car at the apartment.  Dark comes absurdly early now, so my days of working after work are over now, unless artificial light is sufficient. 

I was happy to note that my patience has paid off.  I came up to a nice sight. 


I went and checked, and I actually got three of them.  I have a pile in the back yard now.  All the traps have been reset.  I am not sure how many more there are, but they are always around. 


The traps in the shed hadn't been touched, but I left them there anyways.  I know at one point they were living in the stove I have up there, but I haven't seen signs of them up in the shed for a while now. 

It was too cold to install the rest of the plumbing, and I felt queasy laying on the joists to work on the plumbing so I didn't stay up there too long, so I went home.  I brought a cheese plate and cheese ball to the party, but not as many people showed up as I thought, so I now have around 6 lbs of cheese to do something with.  I am making a crock pot mac and cheese with the cheddar and smoked gouda for the first round.  I will probably make another batch later in the week with the sharp cheddar and havarti. 

I also came across this and wanted to snap it.  It is one of the last to still have leaves, the wind the last week or so have stripped everything bare.  Farewell fall, and welcome to winter.  There was a little bit of snow mixed in with the rain in Sullivan today, and more snow is in the forecast. 

2 comments: