Sunday, November 12, 2017

Tractor lights wired in.

I got the brackets and the wiring harness for the new lights on the blade mowed.  I stopped in at work and used their bench vice and made the brackets out of some melding strips I had lying around.  I also snagged some connectors and wire. 


They are now wired in.    I covered the terminals with tape as well.


And work too.  They are up near the maximum power output for the mower, but the built in headlights are nearly worthless.  The bolts I had were too long, so I will have to pick up another set.


I tried to disable the seat switch as well, but leaving it as both open and closed both failed to work.  With both open and closed situations, the tractor would start and run as long as the clutch was depressed, but as soon as you take your foot off, it died.  I will need to investigate this further tomorrow.  I might just reconnect it to the terminal and just take the spacers out of the seat so it is always registering as someone sitting in it. 


I also emptied out my car back into the tiny home.  I have had all the plumbing stuff in my trunk for the last couple of weeks.  I found out the hard way that the paint that supposedly sticks to nearly everything didn't stick worth a damn.  It all came off onto my coat. Grrr.


I also stopped and picked up some gloves.  Not sure they will work that well for working, but it can't be worse than no gloves which I have done the past few days and ended up with numb hands most of the day. 

I also went and did some meal prep for the week after dark.  This time I tried making a taco mac 'n cheese.  It came out better than the last batch did.  The last mac 'n cheese was insufferably thick, the taco flavoring was a bit light though.  I still have enough spare cheese to make one more batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment