Thursday, November 16, 2017

Tractor update

I was happy to see when I headed up that all the precipitation was rain, there was no snow up there. 

Today was mostly a tractor preparedness day.  Unfortunately it appears that I left the ignition on last time I got the thing running, so the battery is dead again.  I will poke it tomorrow to see if the battery is history or if it will take a charge.  I had my solar trickle charger on it, so hopefully it survived.

I also grabbed some wood scraps and built the extension for the extension cord.  All the wood was soggy, but that doesn't matter to the drill.  This will go on the 8' chunk I already stuck in the old foundation.


And I built the main rack for the weights.  I think the loops are big enough, but it is going to be tight.


I intend to take a half day tomorrow if I can manage it, and get the gravel and get these things installed while I have daylight.  I have worked late most of the week and have sufficient hours, but I just need to make sure that my calendar of meetings at work is amenable to the idea.  So hopefully I can knock a few items off the checklist tomorrow. 

For my Thanksgiving KY trip, my pre-trip plans all bailed, so I might head out earlier than anticipated.  I will likely arrive on Monday, not Tuesday as originally planned.

1 comment: