Thursday, November 2, 2017

Mice 2, me 1.

I went up again today this time using sunflower seeds like Barry recommended, and they like it a lot better than the peanut butter.  They cleaned off several of the traps, and none of them were tripped.  They win this round.  I wanted killing traps, maybe those lame life traps are better (those are what Barry uses), since they seem to have figured out how to eat everything off these ones and not trip them. 


I started working on the hot water line while I was up there and very quickly realized that when I stopped and got the elbows and whatnot, I should have gotten more clamps, since I quickly ran out.


I brought the rest home as homework kind of thing just to get them clamped on. 

I am also formally conceding this year is not possible.  So this means I will be down to KY for Thanksgiving.  Likewise I revamped my checklist to include the winterization things on it.
  1. Fix ruts in driveway.
  2. Put lights on the plow.
  3. Get the oil changed in the tractor.
  4. Get the tire chains installed and a weight installed on the back.
  5. Fix leaky underbelly.
  6. Get skirting installed.
  7. Find a way to run power that won't be damaged by snow/plow/snowblower.
  8. Find a way to prevent the snow pushing on the shed.
  9. Finish clearing off the slab.
  10. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
    1. Venting and Drainage
    2. Water supply
    3. Gas lines
  11. Install insulation.
  12. *Install flooring.  *10
  13. Install light fixtures.
  14. Install ceiling and attic insulation. *17
  15. *Install paneling  *11, 12
  16. *Install interior wall *12
  17. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *15, 16
  18. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).  *17, 20
  19. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

2 comments:

  1. you know those "live" traps can be dropped in the creek or a bucket, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed, and my creek is plenty high enough at the moment.

      Delete