Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Another victory. More (chilly) plumbing.

I didn't get up there yesterday since I was working late.  Just as a reminder of the winterization checklist I haven't really worked on yet, I woke up to snow. 


I stopped up at the property during lunch since I had to go up and pay my property taxes, and it turns out the last couple of days I have gotten several mice.  I got 3.1 (one of them it only took off the leg). 


One of the traps I had outside by the wheels is completely gone.  I am guessing either something came down to eat the mouse on the trap, or the trap tried and failed to get something big.  Oh well.  I got all the remaining ones re-baited and set back up. 


I am now leading 3-2, though to be honest, I think I am winning more definitively.  I have taken out 4 with my foot and a 2x4, and now 6 (ish) of them with traps.  10 mice is a reasonable dent in the population. 

I also tossed some towels down on all the pools of water to at least mostly dry them out.  It is supposed to be quite cold tonight, and I didn't particularly want it to freeze.  I took them out when I went up after work. 


After work I went up and got the holes for the water lines drilled. 


I also got one side done, the pex comes up to a valve above the floor. 
The line for the fridge:


The bathroom lines.  I wanted to do the other side while I was up there, but even with the lights blasting 300W of heat, I was freezing when I finished this side.  I haven't pulled out any of my winter stuff yet, might be a good idea to do that.  We were already in the 20's at that point, and it is supposed to get down into the teens tonight.  Single digits tomorrow night.


The only things I have done is I got a pair of tire chains from Barry for free, and I have the stuff for an oil change, though I haven't done it yet.  I will need to take the cover off the engine as well and clear the mice nest out of it, and wanted daylight when I do that so I can be sure I get everything.  No movement on the checklist.
  1. Fix ruts in driveway.
  2. Put lights on the plow.
  3. Get the oil changed in the tractor.
  4. Get the tire chains installed and a weight installed on the back.
  5. Fix leaky underbelly.
  6. Get skirting installed.
  7. Find a way to run power that won't be damaged by snow/plow/snowblower.
  8. Find a way to prevent the snow pushing on the shed.
  9. Finish clearing off the slab.
  10. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
    1. Venting and Drainage
    2. Water supply
    3. Gas lines
  11. Install insulation.
  12. *Install flooring.  *10
  13. Install light fixtures.
  14. Install ceiling and attic insulation. *17
  15. *Install paneling  *11, 12
  16. *Install interior wall *12
  17. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *15, 16
  18. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).  *17, 20
  19. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

1 comment: