Saturday, December 16, 2017

Everything broke.

Today was a wreck.  I broke damn near everything I touched today.  I went and borrowed Greg's snowblower, which has developed a giant flat spot in the tire that came off the rim last year (that Greg said he was going to fix last year...) which made it interesting to use.  I got the bottom part of the driveway done with it (breaking two shear pins in the process), and got the tractor unburied.  I then went to go up to the driveway all the way to the slab, and broke another shear pin.  I broke three all last winter.  I only had two spares (should have been nearly a whole season's worth) so it is up the driveway dead.


I then decided to at least finish the bottom with the tractor, and got stuck pushing one of the snowbanks back.  Turns out I got stuck because the tire that leaked a little bit decided it had enough and came apart. 




I ended up pulling the tractor out with my truck.


To add insult to injury, apparently if there is grime or rocks or anything in the crack between the bed and tailgate, it doesn't close.  It comes off.  Good to know I suppose.


I went and got the tire pulled off the tractor, and got a tube put in it. 


I hate these clips, but they surprisingly didn't come off too hard, nor did they go flying like normal. 


At least all my consolation food came in yesterday.  Lots of cheese from Wisconsin.  Some of it will make it down to KY for Christmas, but some may not (the maple cheese fudge is delicious)

2 comments:

  1. now don't go eating all of that in one sitting as a pity party

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm. . . maple fudge, I must go find a recipe

    ReplyDelete