Sunday, December 17, 2017

I'll be glad when I get the 4 wheeler.

The four wheeler will definitely be an upgrade.  I did get everything working again though.  I got the chain put on the wheel.  It is really easy to put chains on when the wheel is off.

Unfortunately it looks like the mound that I got stuck in has now turned completely to ice.  It wouldn't even budge it today.

I got around the mailbox cleaned out.

I fixed the snowblower and promptly broke another shear pin.  Didn't even make one pass down the driveway.  I could find no reason, it wasn't picking up dirt or anything, no rocks, nothing.

I then raised the skids on it to compensate, and it didn't help.  Broke another one.  I have now used three of the four shear pins I bought yesterday.  The last time was legit though, and is the reason that you don't put regular bolts in there.  That is a giant rock that is wedged in there.

Raising the skids proved to be more of a challenge than I thought. 

After the fiasco with the shear pins, I decided to finish it for better or worse with the tractor.  It ended up being closer to worse.  The chains do work well, but the hill is just too steep.  They dug in almost a half foot.  I got stuck again as you might imagine.

The driveway looks like crap, but most of it is cleared.  I will finish it when I get back with the 4 wheeler.  


A couple of notes: I will definitely need to pave the driveway.  Clearing this has been a real pain each of the last couple of winters (though it is worse this year for some reason, even after smoothing it out).  Even if I get a 4 wheeler with a legit plow on it for next year, it won't be easy.  I wasn't intending to pave it next year, but I need to at least do the apron, so I might just get the whole thing done.  

I have a pick so I can start working on clearing out the back of the truck.  That will be obnoxious, but I need to get enough out so I can put the tractor in the back.  I would rather not have to take the plow off it, but if I must than I must.  It should fit with the plow on.  

1 comment:

  1. obnoxious truck! LOL just have the nose pointing uphill and it should help!

    ReplyDelete