Sunday, December 3, 2017

Winterization nearly complete.

I got a late start today, sleeping in a bit.  I did go up and get some work done though.  The first thing I did was investigate dad's theory about the fuzz.  I couldn't actually find any cat tails in the back yard, but I did find things like this that are likely the culprit:


I primarily worked on clearing off the slab.  I found a few tools that have been missing for a while, like my carpenter square, which was buried in the tar paper.  Not too usable anymore.


It turns out the only problem with the table was that the legs unclipped from the frame.  I popped the legs back onto the clips and it is good to go.


I found a use for the board I made for the power.  I will have to run the cord whenever I want to use it and take it down when I am done, but that isn't a big deal.  I don't imagine I will be doing too much work during the week anyways.  It is screwed into the tree stump so it doesn't move.


I also went and covered the remaining stuff on the slab.  I put the pushmower under there too.


There is still some random nails and stuff lying around that I will want to pick up, but the slab is cleared off. 


The only thing preventing me from marking the slab done on the checklist is that the roll of metal is still under the house, and I want to put it in the shed.  I will try to get that done tomorrow at lunch where I can bring some help.

The checklist is nearing the point where I start working on the actual house again.  I won't get anything done during the week because I will be in Wisconsin Tuesday through Friday.  I am thinking I might not do anything about the shed this year.  I will have to shovel it out if it gets too bad, or light up my salamander and melt it all away, and deal with it next year.  I need to do some work on the shed next year anyways, I never did the finishing, the trim, the pilings, and so on.  Likewise, the underbelly will likely wait for next year.  I am thinking I might just hit it with a layer of resin or urethane.  Likewise the skirting might have to wait for next year as well.  None of these are absolutely critical for before winter though.  It does mean that I will be in a crimp in the spring when it warms up and I haven't installed the flooring yet though. 

  1. Fix ruts in driveway.
  2. Put lights on the plow.
  3. Get the oil changed in the tractor.
  4. Get the tire chains installed and a weight installed on the back.
  5. Get the plastic installed
  6. Get the truck oil undercoated.
  7. Fix leaky underbelly.
  8. Get skirting installed.
  9. Find a way to run power that won't be damaged by snow/plow/snowblower.
  10. Find a way to prevent the snow pushing on the shed.
  11. Finish clearing off the slab.
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
    1. Venting and Drainage
    2. Water supply
    3. Gas lines
  13. Install insulation.
  14. *Install flooring.  *12
  15. Install light fixtures.
  16. Install ceiling and attic insulation. *19
  17. *Install paneling  *13, 14
  18. *Install interior wall *14
  19. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *17, 18
  20. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).  *18, 19
  21. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

No comments:

Post a Comment