Friday, March 26, 2021

Nice few days.

Happy birthday Dad.  The last several days have been really nice.  A couple nights ago I started working on the design for the electrical system enhancement.  


I quickly realized though I never selected an inverter.  I also never really researched any so without dimensions I didn't get too far.  So the past couple days at work I did a little research on inverters.  Given the cost of pure since wave inverters though, I think it will be worthwhile to actually measure how much power a camper actually uses.  Right now it looks like a 3kW inverter will be good, that is the smallest I have seen with true off grid connections (so I am not trying to draw 30A through a 20A outlet).  If 2kW is adequate though, then perhaps I could go with a cheaper solution.  This is in the same online excel sheet that I put all my battery analysis and stuff in and can be found here for a readable version (thank you Google for having crappy software...) https://drive.google.com/file/d/16g0W-_9pEH2vaUiGeYPaBuW3A21ksxqL/view?usp=sharing


Yesterday the truck went in for inspection.  As per the norm, the e-brake failed which I knew about (it hasn't worked in months).  The regular brakes passed though, which was a little surprising.  I also got the front end aligned since my front tires were very worn on the outer edge; thankfully he didn't fail them (I am pretty sure he could have), tires for my truck are expensive and most of the tire is fine.  
Since nobody is in the office anymore, I decided to ride into work.  It was still a little wet out and I got a little muddy on the way in.


I managed to average almost 12mph though, which is a lot faster than I expected for a 6.1 mile ride.  


I did have to take a detour on the way in since I normally cut through the athletic complex so I don't have to ride on route 101, but the athletic complex is apparently a vaccination site now and was largely blocked off.

The route I took home was a bit longer.  I rode the rail trail most of the way home.  Part of it was nice.  A lot of it was still really muddy and slowed me down a lot, especially with legs that were already tired.  This route added a quarter mile or so to the trip, but the real difference was in the speed.  I only averaged 9.5mph on the way back.  


It didn't help either that I was actually really hot on the way home.  According to my truck, it was well into the 70s in Keene.


I will need to give the bike a bath this weekend.  


On the snow update, it is pretty much all gone.  This is all that remains of the monster snowbank down by the road that a month ago was too tall for my tractor.  


The yard is clear.


I haven't really done anything on the project list for this year yet.  Technically I have started the camper electrical design, but it is on hold pending power measurements so I haven't marked it in progress yet.

2021 Projects

  • Windows in shed
  • Shed supports
  • Carport clear panel repair
  • Table
  • South wall siding
  • Bridge over creek
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Trailer hub
  • Rebuild smaller trailer into flatbed
  • Level back yard
  • Level side yard
  • Level front yard
  • Clear trees to creek
  • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • Retaining walls?
  • Eliminate pile of crap in back
  • Camper Electrical extension (portable AC power source and generator)
  • Clean up/level area down by second parking spot
  • Driveway round three

No comments:

Post a Comment