Friday, March 12, 2021

Shed window ready to cut out

 I didn't get home with a lot of light left, thankfully this weekend is daylight savings time, but I am still on track to install the window this evening/weekend.  The header and the rest of the framing is installed.  I dry fitted the window in; it is uncomfortably tight.  That would be rather painful to fix at this point though, since it was tight on the sides, which means cutting chunks out of the studs.  I don't think a shed window is worth it.  It does mean that I may not be able to perfectly level the window, but oh well.  


As you can see, the light is working well.  This works a lot better than the stand lamp I have previously been using.  


I mentioned in my last post that the snow coverage was still pretty high.  I went into my back yard to see how deep the snow was (we are down to a couple inches), and discovered that at some point the wind blew my heat pump cover off the unit.  Doh!



No comments:

Post a Comment