Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Bike is good to go

I aired up the bike tires and took it out yesterday.  The new air pump is light years better than the old one.  Its only real flaw is that the hose is on the wrong side.  I did notice that my bike tires are starting to get weathered and are starting to crack.  A bad sign for a 90PSI tire.  I will probably have to replace them next year.  Or this year if I start riding it a lot.

It was really nice out so I went out and took a few mile ride.  I am in worse shape than I thought, but the bike held up fine.  No derailleur adjustments were needed, and the chain worked fine with no noticeable binding.  My truck goes in for inspection and annual maintenance stuff on Thursday.  I was originally planning on biking into work, I might try to get a ride though, that is a pretty significant haul on busy roads and Bob's has limited hours.  I don't ride as much as I used to; I used to average more miles annually in Syracuse than I have ridden total since I moved to NH.  Given the lack of a gym situation though, I hope to ride it a lot more this year.

It might be time for some new handlebar grips, or at least covering these ones with something.  I cleaned them with Dawn and an aggressive brush this year because they were more crummy than normal, and they are still crummy and somehow they have gotten sticky.  Crummy is normal and wears off after a few rides.  Sticky is new and left a rather unpleasant residue on my hands.


Because of how warm it was, there was a lot of meltoff.  Most of my yard is clear at this point, except the heavily shaded and banks.  It is crazy to think that this picture was taken less than 12 hours after the one in my previous post.


I haven't completed or sorted it yet, but I started on a list of tasks and projects for this year.  The list is quite long actually.

2021 Projects

  • Windows in shed
  • Shed supports
  • Carport clear panel repair
  • Table
  • South wall siding
  • Bridge over creek
  • Review options for house (mobile home vs stick built vs modular)
  • Trailer hub
  • Rebuild smaller trailer into flatbed
  • Level back yard
  • Level side yard
  • Level front yard
  • Clear trees to creek
  • Remove dead/dying beech trees
  • Retaining walls?
  • Eliminate pile of crap in back
  • Camper Electrical extension (portable AC power source and generator)
  • Clean up/level area down by second parking spot
  • Driveway round three

No comments:

Post a Comment