Friday, October 23, 2020

Started looking at the shed.

Last night I went up and took stock of what I had in the shed (other than a gigantic mess).  To be honest, I think if I just cleaned it out and organized I could reclaim >75% of the floor space.

I am probably going to get rid of some stuff too.  A lot of the plumbing stuff, just as an example, doesn't age well.  PEX gets stiff and rigid over time, and I already threw out a couple of these since mice chewed on them.  


Once I grabbed a video of the stuff, I went and started planning how I wanted to lay it out.  I didn't  measure anything so it is horribly not to scale, but this is the current plan.  It means I would be putting one window on the west (ish) wall, and one on the north(ish) wall.  At least for the initial organization, I would try to put the heavier stuff along the east(ish) wall, which is the side opposite the one I have been putting the pilings on.  The challenge will be the wood.  Currently the wood is laying down.  I will need to stand it up, but I might need to build a cradle for it, something that can support a full 4x8 sheet so the press board and cheap thin stuff don't flop around or curl and fall over (which is why it is on its side now).


I also got a letter saying that the power company wants to take down my maple.  It makes me a little sad since I have a dearth of maples (part of the reason I don't get a lot of color is that my lot only has beach and oak), but the tree has looked haggard since I bought the place, and doesn't provide good fall color anyways (they start to turn and then the leaves typically go to brown before I get any red or orange out of them.  Long term I was planning on taking it down anyways.  Unfortunately I forgot to snag a picture of the tree.


I guess this technically starts the windows in the shed, since cleaning it out and reorganizing is the first step.  I intend to do the house siding this weekend (I will be picking up the siding and flashing and stuff today).  It is supposed to be cloudy this weekend, which is good for doing siding.  I am using thin T1-11 and being out in the sunlight causes it to curl really quickly and usually very bad, so I might not finish the shed this weekend.

  • Support the shed (either pilings or add additional bracing)
  • Get windows installed in the shed
  • Paint the carport
  • Re-route the electrical cords
  • Install driveway markers
  • Get chains and a blade
  • Finish moving piles around (gravel and dirt)
  • Grade the driveway
  • Install acrylic and braces in carport.
  • Realign the front door
  • Winterize mowers
  • Shut off hose.
  • Install siding on south wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment