Friday, October 30, 2020

Not much work done, but a pest removed.

I haven't done too much work during the week.  I was woken up early on Tuesday though by a familiar scurry sound.  I went out and grabbed my mouse traps from the shed and put them out.  

The mouse won the first round.  3 of the 4 traps I put out were completely slicked clean.


I worked the mechanisms to free them up a little set them back up.  This time they got the rodent.


As you can see, they seem to be coming in the utility room, which I suppose isn't that surprising given that it has the most access to the underbelly.  What is concerning is that mice in the underbelly means that there is a hole in it; underbelly material is specifically designed to taste bad to rodents (so they won't chew through it).  

Looking outside this morning though, I won't be crawling under there today to go look at it.  It can wait until spring.  It is unlikely to stick around long (we are expected to get another 1-2" on top of this) but it is possible we have a white Halloween.


The car is going in for its inspection today.  Surprisingly the check engine light hasn't come back on yet.

No movement on the checklist.  I really didn't want to, but I might have to drive two hours to find T1-11 for the south wall if I want it done before winter.  We have had two significant snowfalls that stuck now, so time is running out, even if it isn't November yet.  Worst case, I can install the windows in the shed with snow on the ground, but I don't want to trap snow in the housewrap of the house (causing mildew).  The mower has stabilizer in it; if I don't bother mulching the rest of the leaves it will be fine until spring.

  • Support the shed (either pilings or add additional bracing)
  • Get windows installed in the shed
  • Paint the carport
  • Re-route the electrical cords
  • Install driveway markers
  • Get chains and a blade
  • Finish moving piles around (gravel and dirt)
  • Grade the driveway
  • Install acrylic and braces in carport.
  • Realign the front door
  • Winterize mowers
  • Shut off hose.
  • Install siding on south wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment