Monday, October 5, 2020

Finishing things up.

Sunday was about finishing up.  I went out Saturday evening and picked up the new splitter.  I also noticed that Home Depot had a couple of drivers in their clearance bin which I snagged.  I got another bit holder and a quarter inch magnetic driver.



I got all that stuff installed and finished up the electric.  I also installed a light I picked up on a black friday sale last year.



Last night I went out and checked.  The light is a lot brighter than I expected; it is bright enough to work in there.  This was taken at night with no flash.  If I had known they were this nice (they are also IP65, so water resistant) I would have used them earlier.  



After that it was back to tractor work.  I had a supervisor for a little while.  I ran two loads under strict supervision.



The dirt is now gone.  I couldn't get the blade to smooth it out too well, it cut too much despite the blade being relatively light; the grading blade doesn't work well if the ground is really uneven since the tractor is bouncing, so I used the bucket.  I might go through with a bow rake at some point.  



This was as far as I got in the back yard.  This will have to do until next year, I don't plan on getting more dirt this year.



Next up was the gravel.  I thought about trying to smooth the driveway with it, but to be honest I don't really want to dilute my driveway that much.  So I just made the pull in spot at the bottom deeper. I did this with the grader blade.  It works much better with gravel.



I tried to dig most of the gravel out, the pile extended into what should be yard.  



I moved the trailer into the backyard.  I hope next year to finish up the refurbishing for the front of it, and this will make it easier to do.  I did see a bee while I was moving it, but I didn't find a nest in the frame, which is good.



Since I am out of dirt, I went through and planted the rest of my grass seed.  It probably won't grow (too late in the year) but I had the seed lying around. 



After that it was organizing and cleanup.  I started hanging some of the tools.  I need to build actual hangers for the tools.



I also did a little more cleanup for the slab.  I moved my bike into the carport.  I really need to get hooks installed so I can hang it in the corner.



The slab is looking nicer.  Still have a few things to clean up.   



One thing not on the checklist: I also checked my propane level.  I should be good for the winter, even with the increased usage this year.



A couple of the items on the checklist are now complete.  While I forgot to take a picture of it, I did also install the corner bracing yesterday, which puts another item in progress (you can see it in the pictures above, the corner diagonals where the roof meets the walls).  Because I elected not to use the rocky dirt in the driveway, I marked grade the driveway too.

  • Support the shed (either pilings or add additional bracing)
  • Get windows installed in the shed
  • Paint the carport
  • Re-route the electrical cords
  • Install driveway markers
  • Get chains and a blade
  • Finish moving piles around (gravel and dirt)
  • Grade the driveway
  • Install acrylic and braces in carport.
  • Realign the front door
  • Winterize mowers
  • Shut off hose.

No comments:

Post a Comment