Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Stupid car.

I haven't done too much but storm watching this week. We have gotten a lot of heavy rain the last few days. I did discover an interesting phenomena this morning.  The hole is quite deep too; I would guess it is at least 4 feet deep. 


Today is the car's inspection so I drove it into work.  And of course, the check engine light came back on when I got there.


Same stupid code too.  P0101.  Perhaps there is an actual problem and it isn't just the car being stubborn.  This code typically comes on in the winter and goes out in the spring.  This year it has been remarkably stubborn about turning off, and this is the first time it has come on when it was above 40 out. 


I cleared the code, but I am guessing an emissions test will report out as incomplete since it won't have the miles on it (the whole drive 60 miles after resetting the computer thing).  I guess I will find out this afternoon. 

4 comments:

  1. The car naturally failed, but not for the reasons I expected. The OBD2 part passed. The car failed for an exhaust leak (the joint between the manifold and the catalytic converter is failing) and tires of all things, which I never looked at because they only have about 20k on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All told it will only be a couple hundred bucks (most of which is tires) to get it to pass, so I think I will do it.

      Delete
  2. Get it to pass so you can trade it in??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drive it until the truck's transmission problems are a thing of the past, and then sell it. I don't intend to buy a new car. Maybe a new truck in a couple of years.

      Delete