Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Testing the new mower.

I made a run up to Tractor supply to get some bar and chain oil and stuff for the saw, and when I got home I had a nosy deer.  He just stood there watching me as I got out of the truck and put stuff away.


I fired up the new pushmower.  The issue with the RPM was that the throttle cable was stuck.  I manually pushed the valve open.  It ran pretty crappy at first, but by the end of the evening, it sounded like it was running ok.  It is definitely not putting out 3.5HP anymore though, it bogged easier than I would have expected.  It cut real nice though.


It was kind of a pain to push around, the rear wheel is bent.


It actually cut and discharged though, which is something my other mower can't say. 


It is set waaay too low for my yard.  It was constantly dragging.  If you replace the wheels, I would likely get larger ones to raise it up a bit.


This was as far as I got before running out of daylight and gas.  It wasn't running bad by the time I finished.  It mows nicer than my other one, though the deck height is a deal breaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment