Friday, July 10, 2020

Stormy week. Almost had a chainsaw.

We have gotten a lot of storms and rain the past week, so I haven't gotten much done.  On the plus side, my creek is running again. 


Despite several inches of rain, it isn't overflowing.


Before the storms it was dry, which is unusual before August.  You can see that the creek bed started to grow some grass.


I have managed to escape unscathed as far as trees, but the heavy rain didn't play nice with the fill in the back yard.  It washed out some of the smoothing I did filling in the trench.


I went and poked Barry since it had been a while since I ribbed him about a chainsaw.  He had one that was running.  It was a Husqvarna 142.  It was a pretty nice saw: fairly light, lots of power.  I noticed it idled a little high, and Barry wanted to sharpen the chain before I took it, so he went to look at it.  Unfortunately, he noticed when he was adjusting the idle, he noticed that it bogged and died when the saw was turned sideways, which is a small problem.  So he will fix up a different one.

No comments:

Post a Comment