Sunday, July 26, 2020

Jackstands and metal.

I was apparently really tired after yesterday, since I didn't roll out of bed until almost afternoon, which unfortunately meant I missed the coolest part of the day.  I think I need to find a new spot for the temperature sensor though.  It was hot today, but it wasn't that hot...


Today's project was jackstands.  All the moisture under the house was gone today, which is a good sign, it means that I just need to install a few pieces of vented skirting in the summer, and there are no leaks.  Because of the heat, I took a lot of liquid breaks, but they are all done.  The house still feels solid.  The strength of the 4x4 isn't my concern though, it is the resistance to lateral movement that concerns me.  

All the jackstands are now ready to go back.

Today's other project was to get the rest of the metal out of the yard so I can get the dumpster.  I was pretty beat by this point, so I made use of the tractor to lift everything (I have become a wimp).  I am sure this use of the tractor is OSHA approved.

All the metal is in the truck except for the old water tank from the Rambler and some small stuff that I didn't care enough to throw in.  The rest will end up in the dumpster.  

It is probably not a good idea to do this to the truck when it is having transmission troubles, but it will have to get over it.  If I get out early enough, I might go back to Wilder Auto to let him know it isn't fixed.

I think I am going to go with the shed roof down by the slab, so I will hopefully get around to getting that prepped this week.  The tractor is also really due for the first greasing, it is sitting at 9.8 hours, and the greasing is done every 10 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Remember now - no wrestling or dancing in the house until you get some feet on the 4x4s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could just now see him dancing the waltz in there!

      Delete