Sunday, March 1, 2020

Why are the weekdays warm and the weekends cold?

It was pretty nice most of last week.  It rained one day, but the rest were dry, and most were in the 40s, and Keene even hit 50 last week.  Then Saturday rolls around and the high was 22.  Today was 28, but it sure didn't feel like it outside.  Tomorrow is 41.

So I spent most of the weekend playing some games and doing some design work.  I worked on some floorplans for a camper.  The two leading candidates are a 7x12 and a 7x14.  Some additional notes: I would likely use a Tesla Powerwall for the power, which holds 13.5 kWh, which even at full house consumption rates would last 2 days.  I plan to have 4 solar panels on it though, which with 8 hours of daylight would recharge around 7-9 kWh, depending on sunlight.  In theory it should never run out of power, ever.  The bigger challenge is water.  I am planning on doing a 60 gallon (or double 30 gallon if I can't find a 60 with anti-sloshing features) tank for supply, and 40 gallon (maybe 45 to 50 depending on availability) gray and black tanks.  I also will likely put a filter and pump in the gray system so I am flushing the toilet with gray water and not using fresh water for it.  The math on those numbers is a WAG, but those tank sizes are huge (Uncle's 23 foot only has a 36 gallon supply and 30 gallon if I recall correctly). 





I also did a design for the deacons chair.  I started with a 2x3 framed design for sterngth.  It came out very complex. so that I could hide most of the framing.


I then thought about trying a 1x18 and 1x24 based design.  Concerned about the strength of the 1x18, I decided to test it out.  I was able to sit and even stand on the board without as much as a single creak. 


It came out much simpler, though I suspect less comfortable with a flat back.  This will make it the same style as the shelves, closet and likely the eventual entertainment center though, so at least it will match.  The straight back might not be a problem since the back height is really short; it is 4 inches taller than the armrests so it will fit underneath the bed when the bed is down.


I didn't get any pictures, but I think I might have made an error taking the car out for errands today.  It slid down the top half of the driveway, stopping only when I went off the side of the driveway, so I have concerns about getting it back up to the slab.  The truck has needed 4wd 3 days of the last 5, so I figured it was on the edge, which would mean that the car would be fine.  We shall see when I get back whether that was an error in judgement.  There is a ton of ice, with the warm days of the week and cold nights, and then bitter cold all weekend.  Honestly, there has been more ice than snow this year, it has been very weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment