Tuesday, March 24, 2020

So much for the rodent's early spring.

I didn't get any pictures of the driveway, but I only cleared the apron.  When I went to bed we had 8 inches and it was still snowing.  So I got up early and cleared it.  I did snag a picture on the way in.  It was quite pretty this morning (aside from being above freezing and sunny for a change).


The truck went in for inspection today, and as usual needed brake work.  This time it was only the e-brake though which failed inspection.  They did manage to break it free (I could hear the squeal of metal being "coerced" from the waiting room when they got it to move) so I did get my sticker without being too expensive though.  I haven't done anything about the car yet, but at the very least the truck is good for another year.  While I was waiting for the inspection (nobody was around for me to just drop it off and get a ride), I did a few more concept drawings. 

You may notice that most/all of my floorplans make use of an "all in one" kitchenette.  I have seen them online, but they fairly universally get negative reviews (cheap fridge, cheap construction, etc) and since they are a niche item there aren't a lot of options.  So I designed a couple of concepts.  The first has a larger cooktop and more burners (3 or 4 burners depending on product selection).  Right now I would be looking at this cooktop for this concept: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Magic-Chef-24-in-Gas-Cooktop-in-Stainless-Steel-with-4-Burners-MCSCTG24S/302694358


I also did a concept with only a two burner in it, since even with my full stove at home, it is very rare that I use more than two burners at once.  This concept would use something like this cook top (maybe a cheaper one if I can find it): https://www.homedepot.com/p/Summit-Appliance-12-in-Gas-Cooktop-in-Stainless-Steel-with-2-Burners-GC22SS/206792924 and while not pictured, I could add a shallow drawer above the fridge if I desired.


Even though islands are pretty standard, I drew up a concept for one of those as well.  The only difference between this and something standard is that I had folding ends on it so that it could double as a table (without destroying your knees).


I also saw a couple of tractors on the side of the road that I might go look at this weekend.  While I didn't get any work done at work today, it was a very productive day for me.

4 comments:

  1. Got to play in the snow!! How much did you get total?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we got around 9-10 inches, but it is hard to tell since it was above freezing all night and had begun compressing before morning. it didn't all melt off today, but i expect the driveway will be clear tomorrow (unless we get more, which is possible)

      Delete
  2. You could try plexiglas for the doors. It is much lighter than pane glass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am still debating whether it is worth putting anything on. your island for example doesn't have anything on it, but i have gotten enough dust-filled bowls off yours that i am considering it.

      Delete