Sunday, March 15, 2020

Weekend plans cancelled.

This weekend saw all my plans evaporate.  I was originally planning on going to a solar fair on Saturday, which was cancelled.  Today I was planning on going to an RV event in Chesterfield, which was also cancelled.

Friday wasn't entirely uneventful though.  Because we got a lot of rain and then it got cold, my heat pump started making the awful noise that I have posted about before.  It was warm inside the house though, so I just turned it off.  That was a mistake; the noise is the fan hitting ice because rain blew that far into the unit.  Turning it off meant that the water froze with no disturbances, and when I woke up the fan was completely frozen, and it was in the 50s inside the house.  Oops.  I definitely need to make a canopy for the unit this year.  Thankfully it was warm enough that it thawed out early afternoon.


Shopping Friday was also very painful; even at 8PM the stores were as busy as they are mid-morning on a Saturday, so the full hoarder mode is in effect in NH.  As you can find in many places on the internet, entire aisles were empty.  Hannaford didn't have a single thing of chicken, the canned veggie aisle was almost completely barren.  Thankfully nothing I needed was out of stock, though I literally bought the last box of Sugar Twin that Market Basket had, and I am pretty sure I only got that because it was in the Splenda section.  It is beginning to feel that I am the only person in Keene that is business as usual since this chunk of the state is clean.

So Saturday I went home and played games and napped.  It was in the 40s, but the wind was howling all day and made it feel a lot colder.  Today is also looking pretty chilly, but if the wind calms down, I might start working on my utility trailer a little bit or maybe start emptying out the car.  I also intend to try the propane heater again after I got a quick heads up from Dad.  Otherwise another quiet day is ahead. 

1 comment: