Monday, March 2, 2020

Weekend addendum

Happy birthday Jess!  Getting close to being over the hill.

So as an addendum to my weekend post, I did make it back up the driveway.  I spent more time spinning than gripping, but I hit the icy spot with enough momentum to make it up the driveway.  It is supposed to be 40s all week (50s tomorrow with rain), so I just took the truck today and a lack of caring has commenced.  It will be gone soon enough.

I did some meal prepping when I got home, and decided to finally get around to putting up some curtains.  There is a short period in the morning where it can be hard to see the TV since the sun shines in.  The pillowcase was not quite cutting it.



So I have real curtains now.  Since curtains only seemingly come in 3 sizes: 36, 63 and 84 inch, I got the 63 since I wasn't sure if the 36 would cover the whole window (spoiler - it would have been perfect).  They were too long. 



I only needed one of the two panels to cover the window, so I put the other one on the end.  Turns out 63 inch is perfect for the big window.  So I will get some more 36 ones and just use the 53 set for the big window. 



I also put up a new basket to get all my spices out of the drawer, so I can use the drawer for other things (like ziploc bags and the like).  I was surprised that I had several repeats (because I clearly needed three bottles of chives and two bottles of parsley, one of which expired in 2009...) though I wasn't at all surprised that a few of them had expired.  This is probably just an intermediate step, I expect I will probably repurpose this basket once I build a bunch of spice holders for the cabinet doors.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The best part: the bottle that expired in 2009 was unopened... That means I bought it for a recipe, then never made it, then bought another bottle that I did use later :p Doh!

      Delete