Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Chair complete.

The main thing to report is that the chair is now complete.  The gluing is all done. 


The boot pegs.  One side is all 12" pegs, the other has the longer ones for the rubber boots.


The inside all loaded up.  The flash made the Allen Co hat really shiny.


I found out when I was cleaning up where the chair was going that my work boots need to be replaced.


It easily holds a person too.  It is very wide for a chair, so you can plop and spread yourself out, the seat is 22" wide by 19" deep.  In hindsight, the armrests feel a little short, even though they are standard height according to the internet.  I should have measured my work chair first I guess.


There are a couple of other odds and ends to note as well.  I went and looked at my bike.  The cover did not survive the winter. 


I went for a walk on the Chesire Rail Trail and spring is definitely on the way (in case the shorts above didn't give it away).  The tree buds are starting to swell.


I also replaced the mechanism that holds the bed up.  The rope was slowly untying itself (the knot mysteriously keeps getting closer to the end).  So I replaced it with something that won't stretch or anything.


I went to the DMV today to renew my license.  What a pain.  Keene sets the standard for poor DMV performance.  I was tenth in line when I got there, two people just walked out, so there were only 8 people actually in front of me, and it still took over 2 hours to get up to the counter.  I was in and out of the town clerk for the registrations in 5 minutes, but of course the town clerk can't renew a drivers license. 

2 comments:

  1. At least we know where KY is getting it's standards from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some thick padding on the arms will bring them closer to where they would be more comfortable

    ReplyDelete