Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Sink finally repaired. The cold is a real pain.

When I got home from new years, I found that my sink had been leaking.  The whole bathrrom was under an inch and a half of water.  Thankfully it was on the sink end of the shut off valve, so I was able to stop it easily.  Also thankful for the fact that everything I had under the sink was in a waterproof container, and most of the stuff in the drawers was either waterproof or in a bag.  So I got lucky on that front. 



It also warped the floors, so they aren't smooth anymore. 


The vanity didn't take the water too well.  The paper finish is peeling off, and the doors don't shut anymore because they are starting to come apart.


It was mostly just a lot of time lost cleaning up.  The landlord will have to deal with the water which all ran into the basement.


The plumber came today and fixed it, so the water is good.  The landlord also left a giant blower fan in the apartment to dry out all the floors and carpets which is nice. 

We are supposed to get a monster storm tomorrow which stinks.  The reports on the storm range from 3-5 to 8-12 for snow, and a fairly constant 20+mph wind for the next couple of days, and also below zero (even the high).  It is always worse in Sullivan, so it will be chilly and likely snowier.

I haven't even taken the 4-wheeler off my truck yet since it isn't cold-friendly and I didn't want to end up possibly needing to push it up the ramps on my own without it running, and the high so far this week is in the low teens.  I will be bringing it in to get the choke cable replaced, and I will probably put at least new back tires on it so I don't have to deal with it.  The compressor isn't a big fan of running below zero either.


1 comment: