Thursday, January 11, 2018

Yet more issues.

Apparently things had been going too smoothly the last couple of days, since today was miserable.  I woke up to no heat and a chilly apartment since the landlord apparently forgot to get a propane delivery.  Fortunately there was enough hot water left in the hot water heater to get a shower in, but I rapidly ran out of warm water.  Thankfully they got a delivery today, even with most of the places being backed up because of the obnoxiously cold weather.

I went up during lunch to put in yet another shear pin and continue snowblowing.  I had a problem I have never seen before.


I managed to get enough of the parking spot at the end of the driveway done to call it good enough.  It really is easier in daylight.


I also went up after work to finish the slab and the top part of the driveway, and I really do have a lot of turkeys.  They are apparently enjoying the cleared path to go from woods to woods. 


Up near the slab, it looks like a highway.


They are going up the hill on the other side of the shed.


I didn't actually get any snowblowing done tonight though.  Quiz time: there are two notable problems in this picture.  I mentioned one in the prior post, the recoil is busted.  What is the other?


If you answered that the fuel key was missing, you would be correct.  It is just a universal key that keeps the fuel line shut off valve from closing as a safety mechanism.  If you look at the pictures from the other night, it is missing in those too, so I lost it a while ago.  They usually don't fall out.  It was warm enough today that it finally started to work again, unfortunately for me.  I went over every square inch of the driveway and didn't see it.  If it got snowblowed though I won't find it until spring, if ever. 

I checked Home Depot, they only have newer versions, which don't fit.  I will check Sears tomorrow (old Craftsman snowblowers likely used the same Tecumseh engine) and if that fails, I will be taking a trip to Tractor Supply.

I did go inside the tiny home for the first time since before Christmas and everything is good, it is still dry with no signs of water damage.

It is supposed to rain all day tomorrow, so unfortunately I didn't get the snowblowing done.  It is supposed to get colder again for the weekend, so everything will freeze, which unfortunately means the remaining stuff might have to be cleared by hand.  It didn't like going through where I had snowshoed, after rain and freezing, I doubt the snowblower will go through it. 

2 comments:

  1. The first picture looks like you found some wet snow. Not a common problem, but no big deal. Just clear the auger off and go on. And maybe you can have turkey dinner in the spring.

    ReplyDelete