Wednesday, January 10, 2018

I need more hours in a day.

I got more snowblowing done today.  I will try to finish it up tomorrow.  I can drive up and down the driveway, though the slab isn't cleared, the wider part at the top isn't done, and I haven't done anything up to the shed yet.


There are paths going to edges in both directions.  As you can see I drove my car most of the way up, but there isn't a turn around spot yet. 


The snowshoe trail I made was rather a pain to snowblow.  Because it was packed, the snowblower kept riding up on it instead of cutting through it.  Something to keep in mind going forward. 

Unfortunately the breakage of shear pins has resumed.  I busted 4 of them tonight.  The first two were legitimately my fault.  It was riding up, so I forcibly pushed it back down and pushed a little too hard, catching ground that didn't have a layer of ice because it hasn't been cleared yet this year, and both of them snapped.  I snapped two in once spot, not sure why, didn't see anything, maybe a block of ice or something.  The last one was a rock that got wedged in.  I still had a couple more spares, but was tired, hungry and it was after eight, so I went home. 

In good news, the leak in the roof has supposedly been repaired, and my kitchen was dry for the first time in almost a week.  I have a huge backlog of chores that it caused, since my washer was inoperable, and stuff like that, I need more hours in a day.

I intend to leave work a little early tomorrow to try to finish up the snowblowing, since it is the last day before the "rain" arrives.  I am a little skeptical that it will be rain in Sullivan, but I can hope so.  If it isn't, the whole snowblowing rigmarole will begin anew.  And if I don't complete it tomorrow and more arrives, it won't be doable with Greg's unit.  I have it running a little better, but it still runs poorly, and the snow is already at the maximum depth it could handle when it was new.  The spots that haven't been done yet are too deep for 1st gear. 

Sadly because of the snow, I haven't gotten to work on any of the winter projects that I had wanted to.  I had wanted to build a sample chair for mom and dad, and possibly start working on an entertainment center, since both will be needed for the tiny home.  Neither have been started beyond preliminary design, I just haven't had the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment