Sunday, January 7, 2018

Not as much snow as expected.

Here are the final snowfall tallies:

  • Swanzey (apartment) = 12 inches
  • Keene = 8 inches
  • Sullivan (property) = 14 inches

All things considered, I expected it to be worse.  It was frigid up there yesterday, but I did go up and do some shoveling.  The bank at the end of the driveway was almost 3 feet tall (almost to my waist).  It wasn't fun.

I shoveled off the new snow.  It looks like the preexisting snow I hadn't cleared from Christmas has all turned to ice.  On the plus side, hopefully that means that the driveway is smooth enough for a snowblower.

When I got to this point, the sun was getting ready to set, and I was chilly, even with all the layers on, so I called it a day.

One benefit of the extreme cold: crystal clear air.  It was a beautiful sunset.

Today was a bit warmer, it was above zero at least.  I managed to roll the 4-wheeler off so that I can actually go pick up a snowblower.  I was supposed to pick up Barry's, but he didn't seem to be around.

I also brought my snowshoes and made a trail.

They got a lot of use today.

The air compressor fired up and filled the tank just fine, but the vibration cracked one of the gauges.

I also went up to the slab and raked off the roof.  There was a lot of ice on it, and it is supposed to rain later in the week which would greatly amplify the weight on the roof.

I also shoveled a bit more, so I can actually park off the road.

Then the bad news.  I came home to a sight and smell that was all too familiar.  Hopefully it just leaks and doesn't actually cave in.  It would sure be nice if the landlord would actually try fixing something for a change, you can see it was already repaired once.

No comments:

Post a Comment