Thursday, January 18, 2018

Smaller than expected update.

Turns out that Sullivan got less snow than Swanzey, so the snowblowing effort will be reasonably quick.


I will wait for daylight before hooking it up, but I got a charger for the wheeler that I will plug in tomorrow.  It is supposed to be warm this weekend, so I hope to get it running, and this will prevent me from having to jump it, which isn't always the best idea.  High output like you find in a car can sometimes fry the circuitry in a wheeler. 


I did walk up and see if my turkeys had been around.  They hadn't, but it looks like something else was.  The tracks are too degraded to see for sure, but deer would be my guess.


I also got the new key, and it works. 


On the other projects, I counted that I have 46 stud bays, so I will need probably around 40 insulation batts, since a couple of them are windows. 

On the chair front, I might have to abandon the pedestal style chair, and go with a slightly different design with individual legs in the corners.  The reason being that I can't seem to find solid oak dimensional lumber, which means I have to use pine and just stain it, but pine isn't strong enough for a pedestal design, since each leg needs to be able to withstand the complete weight of the chair and occupant.  A bit of a bummer, but should still work.

1 comment:

  1. The tracks look like deer to me, too. And now that you have a new key for the snowblower, you will find the old one.

    ReplyDelete