Sunday, January 21, 2018

Felt good to make progress again.

Today was nice and warm, I didn't even wear my coat most of the day. 

The first order of business was to fix the snowblower.  One thing I noticed the other day was that the Arian's one I had been using came lose on their own, so I put a MTD one on.  This isn't a screw, it is just a pin, so hopefully it will hold better.


I apparently didn't grab a picture, but I also put new bolts in the skids and set them appropriately.

I didn't bother to finish the driveway.  What I had done yesterday was completely cleared.  It is supposed to rain tomorrow and Tuesday, so it will all clear itself off. 


I also noted that the roof does slide off, though it doesn't slide off as well as the shed does. 


Next up was the wheeler.  It didn't give me too much trouble.  It stayed running on the second try.  Unfortunately, the plow had a structural failure pretty quickly.  Some redesign might be required.


So instead I just rode it around and packed down the trail to the shed.


I also went into the back yard.  There are some tracks in there, most of the way back.


I also got it put into the truck.  Since the front hinged part broke off, it now fits with the tailgate closed.  A plus I suppose. 


I also started the insulation.  I got three packs, which very much filled the backseat of the truck.  I put them in the backseat since the bags aren't very good and the back of the truck was very wet.


I put up the first bag.  It is a real pain to cut, though I found a system that seems to work using a utility knife and a utility knife.  On one side it was pretty easy.  I didn't do the ones with electrical boxes, since I didn't get the foam that goes behind the electrical boxes. 


I also started on the other side.  The corner was kind of obnoxious.  The California corner was obnoxious.  I peeled off the top couple of inches and tried to cut it off. 


While I am not sure I like how it came out, it is done. 


Unfortunately, I miss-stepped and slipped at one point.  I thankfully caught myself before I went through, but I will have to do some underbelly repair.


It was nice to actually make progress on the house again. I will be dropping off the wheeler tomorrow to get fixed.  I have completed most of the design for the chair redesign, I just need to complete the bill of materials and will start on that during the week.

1 comment: