Sunday, April 23, 2017

Biological warfare and some cleanup.

I didn't spend a whole lot of time up there despite being a really nice day, but I did get a few things done.  I initiated my biological warfare with the bugs.  They were really awful last year, so thick that even wearing pure deet wouldn't keep them at bay.  I put out a few mosquito dunks in the creek.  I put them in the clearing where I normally go to look at the creek, and I also put a couple much farther upstream as well.






I also did some cleanup on the lot, picking up all the styrofoam that blew around last winter, in case they come up to examine the lot.

Before:


After:


I definitely need to get a move on with the lawn mowers, the dandelions are multiplying.


After I got home, I worked on the mixer valve controller a little bit (you may remember it being one of my winter projects).  I got the valve and the controller mounted.  I ordered a smaller relay board for it, the one I have is twice the number of relays that I need, and it doesn't really fit.  I installed the Arduino that I have onto it, though I might try to find a smaller one.  I ran into a small issue where the screws that I have for the standoffs I installed are too big, they don't fit where the mounting holes in the board are.  I will see if we have any appropriate screws at work.  I got a couple in, so it is being held together at least.  I plan on demoing it on Tuesday at the Arduino group meeting.

2 comments:

  1. are the dunks species specific? I wonder about the effects on other critters drinking from the creek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Dad on that one! I'm curious and thankfully NOT a cat!

    ReplyDelete