Sunday, April 16, 2017

Ill for the last few days, but work has progressed

Around Wednesday, I came down with something that really kicked my butt, between Thursday and Saturday, I probably slept 40 hours, impeding my progress on pretty much everything.  I felt better today though, and went up to check on things and start getting things documented.

My repairs on the trailer paint job from the rust converter appear to be holding.




In addition the creek is starting to lower a bit to normal.


The dandelions are coming up.  That means it is time to get the mower ready, which I haven't even touched yet.


The yard is just starting to turn green too.


It won't be too much longer before the trees start to bloom either, the buds are beginning to swell, though I am not sure if you can see it in this picture.


Just for curiosity's sake, I went up and measured the bumper on the trailer that I was intending to cut off to put the extension on.  It is the exact length of the extension that I was going to put on...  It is 14" long, not including the tube bumper.


The main reason I was intending to cut it off is because the bumper itself was in a terrible state.


The extension itself is welded on quite well and seemed solid when I poked it today.  So now I just need to determine which is stronger, a 2x6 or 2x4 tube steel.

I also took the plastic off the windows, so my shades are open for the first time since last fall.


I also updated the subflooring diagram, and will be working on the plumbing and electric next.


I am also working on the formal write up of my argument for the variance, which I hope to have completed today.

1 comment: