Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Letter for town written, walls done.

I finished up the letter for the town, had it reviewed by Dad and Barry, so I think I am ready to move forward with it.  Now to just fill out the building permit form and finish the tiny home designs, which I will be bringing with me.  I hope to finish at a minimum the electrical and plumbing (I expect those to be the biggest concern of the zoning board), but would like to finish all of it.  Since it is being shortened (no loft), I can actually put a real pitched roof on it.  I know 3/12 is sufficient, 2/12 will do if it is sufficiently slick (2/12 is roughly what the AC cover I made for Andy had, and he said the snow slid off it slowly but surely), but I also don't want to end up trying to put siding on a 10 foot wall again.  That was obnoxious on the shed.

Here are the wall plans.  There shouldn't be any surprises, just classic 2x4 16" OC studs. I decided a 7' wall should be tall enough.  I can hang a ceiling fan and not hit my head on it.


Tomorrow I will be heading up and checking to see if the weight limits are still on the road and starting to pick up the junk that blew around all winter, since there is a chance that they will come up and look at the property.

Next up is to finish the plans, I hope to have the electric and plumbing done by the weekend.  I have it all in my head, it is just time to get it out for other people to see.

1 comment: