Monday, April 10, 2017

Just shy of a record high.

It was very warm today, we were two degrees off the record high of 82 in Keene.  I didn't get too much done today, but I did get the back half of the trailer completed, until I ran out of paint.  I only bought one can since I expected to only be doing touch up work, and that is used up, so I stopped and bought another one on my way home.  The picture is kinda crappy since I took it with my phone.


Unfortunately the front half is the worst part, so we shall see how that goes.  It has been a bit slow going with the hand drill and wire brush, but since the wire brushing required is pretty minimal, it will probably be fine.

I also got Barry up there during lunch today.  The slab was in fact reinforced with rebar, placed approximately 2ft apart, according to his metal detector.  It took a while to get it calibrated, since there a lot of random staples and the like on the slab, but after some sweeping and desensitizing it, he found metal in the slab in pretty regular intervals, which indicates rebar was used to reinforce it, not wire mesh.  That is good news finally, just in case I need to erect some walls and a roof to pacify the town.

3 comments:

  1. So what was the verdict with pacifying the town ordinances?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what was the verdict with pacifying the town ordinances?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the only one i am in violation of is the space, i will be heading up tomorrow to get the ball rolling on the variance.

      Delete