Friday, April 1, 2016

Somewhat surprising success

I went up today after work, and after being reckless and driving my Nissan all the way up the hill (I got a little nervous on the way back down when the car started sliding sideways) I checked out how the tarp held up.

Much to my surprise, it held up very very well.  The inside was mostly dry.


Even by the walls which aren't completely covered yet things were dry.


Unfortunately the north end, the wall that hasn't been completed yet, did get a bit wet.


I might have to come up with a better solution for that at some point this weekend (or maybe just finish the wall).

I also am a bit concerned with the weather reports that now have us getting 1-3 inches of snow on Monday.  The tarp was never intended to hold snow, and I wouldn't be surprised if that rips it down.  I will definitely have to keep an eye on the weather.  Only in NH can it be 75 today and snowing within two days.

3 comments:

  1. I guess you put enough staples in it to hold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a couple hundred was indeed sufficient. probably not enough to hold the snow that is coming though.

      Delete
  2. just like KY weather! sunny and 75, then 30 and snow! Always! Just gotta get it further and get more done before the snow!

    ReplyDelete