Saturday, April 2, 2016

A day of being taunted

Today didn't go as planned.  I saw the sun come out, so I headed up to the property hoping to get some work done, and that didn't last long.  Thankfully I got the compressor filled with the generator before the rain picked back up.  Then to add insult to injury it then turned to sleet as I was leaving (it wasn't supposed to freeze until Sunday night).

The first thing I did when I got up there was upgrade the tarping solution.  I tied off the end to give it a little more overhang.







I started to get the first sheet of siding on, but since the rain decided to pick back up, I had to turn off the generator.  I put in as many nails as I could with the air that was in the tank, but didn't finish the sheet.


I also laid the other two sheets so that they would intercept any rain or run off that might come towards the floor.  I have already seen a couple of places where the floor is starting to de-laminate, so I figured I should protect as much of it as possible.


And to boot, on the trip back, it felt like the throttle in my truck got stuck.  It idles over 30mph now, and when I put it in park, the RPMs climbed quickly.  It is just a stuck cable, so I will have to figure out why it is stuck and fix it.


The taunting didn't end there, though.  I was up there for a half hour waiting for the precipitation to stop.  When I got home though, the sun came back out again.


3 comments:

  1. And hose the cable and pivot down with WD-40 a few times on the truck. That will help it a lot!

    ReplyDelete