Monday, April 18, 2016

Getting the site ready for some rain.

The first thing I did today was I finished the piling.


Upon closer inspection, the concrete cracked overnight.  Time will tell if it is strong enough to hold up.


I decided to use a drum that was already up there to give my tarp some pitch to it.  I also put a long 2x4 on it to help give it a center ridge.  We shall see if that is sufficient.


I also got the tarp tied down around the outside of the shed.  I used string this time, knowing how well the staples have held.






I also covered up the concrete and put it on top of some 2x4s so that it won't get wet.


The storms were definitely rolling in, but it made for a colorful sunset.  Unfortunately I couldn't set up the camera properly for a sunset shot, but it was a very vivid orange tonight.

1 comment: