Monday, April 15, 2024

Wet weekend. Short update.

I had a pretty quiet weekend.  I did some thinking on the back deck.  I was looking at the merits of just pouring a concrete slab, but I am still not sure how I could make that work.  The back yard isn't level, and I can't dig at the higher side.  The only way I can see is to either pour the concrete at an angle (so it is sloped), but I worry about how much slope there would be.  I don't think I would want more than a 1/12 pitch, since even at that you can feel it when you walk.  So I think I am locked into a deck, despite the tax and construction implications.  I still need to put gravel and stuff down to manage the water underneath, or build the deck so that it catches the water and puts it in the drain I will be installing.  So I am still back at building a deck at any rate.  It just means a lot of work, and requires I do more research to make sure it is strong enough to hold a hot tub.

I dodged the rain and picked up a couple of things for my sisters this weekend though.  Saturday I went and picked up a little set of shelves.  I need to reattach the top though, it looks like a couple of the cams fell out.  Finding my spare cams will take longer than fixing it.


Sunday morning was nice, at least until lunchtime.  So I went out and picked up a table.  The table is an Ethan Allen, and while I wouldn't buy one (they are too expensive), they aren't bad.  


I also spent some time reorganizing things in the house.  I got all the stuff I have picked up moved into the third room that I am bringing down.  This frees up enough floor space that I can lay out the plywood for the armoire so I can hopefully get that marked and cut this week.  

Current To-do:
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire.
    • Install whole house filter.
    • Refurb cap
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
    • Install cube organizer in living room.
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Back yard drainage.  Complete Mortgage.
    • Insulate the water lines
    • Take scrap metal to Buffum
    • Close up tiny home.  Seal up plumbing.
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm door

1 comment:

  1. Winter is fast ending, time to move them to spring projects!

    ReplyDelete