Wednesday, April 3, 2024

More snow en route.

I had company last weekend, Uncle came out to visit.  I did take some time and go up to look at excavators.  The cheap one that I wanted is gone, but they had some similar ones in the 8k price range that had cabs and the like, which is less ideal but still acceptable.  Personally I don't think I need the cab, since I probably wouldn't be using it in inclement weather, but oh well.  


I even get my choice of color.  They had teal, yellow and red.  



On Saturday Uncle went up to visit family, so I had a little bit of free time.  I went up and pulled out the driveway markers, since most of them had fallen over anyways and weren't useful.  


I also cleaned up a bit under the cap before he came back.


On Sunday after he took off I made use of that clear area.  That was so that I could pull out the chipper.  It was packaged surprisingly nice, and it was a bit refreshing to see that they didn't disassemble 80% of the chipper to make the box a couple of inches smaller which has become frustratingly common.  I had already pulled out the chute on the right hand side when I took this picture.


It is all assembled.  I didn't have oil on-hand to get it fired up though.  As sad as it sounds, I don't have anything that runs 10w30 anymore.  It feels like when I was younger, 10w30 was the most common viscosity. 


I managed to squish it in  the car port, but I really need another place to put equipment.  One look at the forecast and it is easy to understand why I can't set up my portable garage thing.  


Monday after work, I made a run into town (I typically do my shopping on Monday evenings).  I went and got some oil, a tarp to cover it for the upcoming snowstorm.  It surprises me that Castrol GTX was the cheapest oil I could find outside of store brand.


And I also brought home a set of chairs from work.  I now have a matching set of dining room chairs.  This frees me up to bring down the mishmash chairs down for Jess and Heather for the house that is being set up for them.  


One of the things that Uncle noticed is that apparently the door has shifted a little bit and doesn't close anymore.  It just needs a little adjustment on the striker plate.


Yesterday I felt dreadful, but still managed to pick up an end table off Craigslist.  I typically put my glasses and stuff on the dresser, but now I actually have an end table for it.  


I went and moved the chipper out this morning, and put it back under the cap.  The snow was just starting when I left for work.  Depending on who you ask, I am getting anywhere from 6-10" or 16-20".  It mostly depends on how much of it is snow, and how much is rain.  



Not any progress on the checklist, and I am heading out this weekend to go up to Mike Kelley's campground for the eclipse.  

Current To-do:
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire.
    • Install whole house filter.
    • Refurb cap
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
    • Install cube organizer in living room.
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Back yard drainage.  Complete Mortgage.
    • Insulate the water lines
    • Take scrap metal to Buffum
    • Close up tiny home.  Seal up plumbing.
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

No comments:

Post a Comment