Monday, January 30, 2023

Little bit of cap work done.

I wasn't as productive as I should have been over the weekend, but still got a few things going.  When I went shopping on Friday, I picked up an outlet splitter, so I can run a fan behind the space heater full time.  It worked fine, and since it got the temperature controlled outlet away from the door a little bit, it doesn't immediately turn on every time I open the front door.  It still frequently does, but not every time now.  


I spent most of Saturday morning playing around on the tractor, trying to clean up the ice in the driveway.  Because the last storm ended with rain, which created a lot of slush (the rain came on top of a few inches of snow), and then I drove through it, creating ruts, and then everything froze, my driveway has been really bad.  Even in 4WD it sometimes struggled if I got caught in the ruts, which I could then not get out of.  I got everything scraped down as far as I could with the tractor though.  


While I had the tractor out, I also went and tried to finish clearing the slab around the cap.  Even the tractor couldn't break through the ice though.  


I had a casualty while I was beating on the ice, the light on my tractor fell off and I ran over it.  Fortunately it appears to be ok, just a little beat up.


So instead of the tractor I decided to use heat.  It melted the snow pretty quick, but also struggled with the ice.  I also found out that the spout on my kerosene can leaks like a strainer, which is annoying since this is only the second or third time I have used the can.


While I was waiting for the heater to not really work, I shoveled out the back of my truck since I use it as a work bench.  I also got the wheel removed from my riding lawn mower that went flat so I can get a tube or something put in.  I had to bend the washer to get the stupid dust cover off, but oh well.


I went to go start installing some gasketing, and realized that I never actually went through and determined where the gasketing is required, so I drew something up real quick, but by that time I was running out of daylight.  


I started off Sunday by getting a new staple gun.  I have looked everywhere for mine and can't find it.  Sigh.  But I got the gasket for above the window cut and installed.  


I also trimmed the piano hinge for the front, but it started to rain on me, so I aborted for a bit.

Once the NFC championship game was pretty much decided, it had stopped raining so I went out and finished getting the hinge installed.  


I also got the gasketing cut for the windows while I was following the AFC championship game.


I haven't gotten anything from any of the people I was supposed to, so I will be poking people as well this week.  I did start putting together a plan for the house though, so I can hopefully figure out when I have to have certain things done, like the cap, the quotes, etc.  

Winter projects:
  • Knock down the dead knotweed. 
  • Winterize equipment.  Fire up the generator
  • Get the building permit.
  • Complete detailed house plans.
  • Get contractors in place.  
  • Get the plan/schedule in place. 
  • Design future method of travel.  Consider building the prototype.
  • Shed floor.
  • Shed windows.
  • Fix generator box.  Decide/do something about power center.
  • Clear/mark walking trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment