Thursday, January 19, 2023

Small stuff update

This week has been pretty busy.  Monday I went to Tim's retirement party; he is moving to RI pretty soon.  The other two nights I went and picked up some AC's.  This time of year is great since they were free.  I got a bigger one for the living room and a smaller one for the bedroom.  I still have my old window unit in the shed too, assuming the mice haven't molested it too much.  Even they would have a tough time fitting through the plastic grille though, so hopefully it is fine.  That should hopefully be sufficient for next summer.  I intend to eventually get central air, but that probably won't be this summer.


Over the course of the week, parts have started trickling in for the camper/cap.  The hinges for the windows are here, the big hinge for the front, and the handles for the windows.  I ordered a gasket to use instead of the aluminum flashing tape, which is due in at the end of the week or early next week.  I still need some grommets and spacers, but those I can get at Home Depot.  


I have one of the guys coming out next to look at the power situation, so I should have the quote for that and a quote for the trailer set up early next week.  I still haven't heard back from the excavation company, I might call them to remind them to check their email.  We are getting 6-10" of snow this afternoon and tomorrow and more next week, so he won't be able to see much if he comes to look at the place, just snow.  If their GC fee at FineLine homes isn't too much, I might also just make it their problem.

One nice thing about this time of year is that I am driving in during sunrise.  The sunrise this morning was gorgeous, and I got to drive in watching the sky constantly changing color. 




Winter projects:
  • Knock down the dead knotweed. 
  • Winterize equipment.  Fire up the generator
  • Get the building permit.
  • Complete detailed house plans.
  • Work with La Valley to get a concrete contractor.  Get the plan/schedule in place. 
  • Design future method of travel.  Consider building the prototype.
  • Shed floor.
  • Shed windows.
  • Fix generator box.  Decide/do something about power center.
  • Clear/mark walking trails.






No comments:

Post a Comment